SIMPLE DARK CHOCOLATE ORANGE FIG GRANOLA
A simple autumn-inspired granola that comes together effortlessly.
Servings 5 cups
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats (gluten-free certified if you are sensitive to gluten)
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds pepitas
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed flax meal
- Zest from 1-2 oranges
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup dried figs chopped
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, pecans, seeds, zest, cinnamon, and salt. Drizzle in maple syrup and mix until all dry ingredients are coated.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, spread granola in one even layer. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes.
- When granola is golden brown, remove from the oven and gently fold in dried figs and chocolate chips. Let it cool completely in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 10 days or freeze for up to 6 months.