PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are a slightly sweet and pleasantly spiced breakfast or dessert.
Servings 12 muffins
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup add more if you want sweeter muffins
- ¼ cup canola oil or melted Earth Balance plus more for oiling muffin tin
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F and lightly oil muffin tin (or use muffin cup liners).
- Prepare flax egg. Combine 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons water. Let sit to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt in a medium bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add maple syrup, oil, pumpkin puree, and prepared flax egg.
- Stir until just combined (be careful not to over-stir!).
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each about ⅔ full.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove muffins from the oven and let cool in muffin tin for about 5 minutes before removing.
- Once completely cool, store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
1 thought on “Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins”
Good article. I am dealing with some of these issues as well..